A story of Teachers and their pupils



For those who don’t knows, and care enough to know, I’m living next to my primary school.

Why I brought that up? Right now annoyingly I’m listening to a teacher nagging (in assembly) to students who doesn’t bring national flag to school (for Merdeka day celebration). And not just today, I have to listen to her nagging this whole week because apparently, this week she is on duty (sigh).

I don’t want to condemn but I notice this for a while now, that some of these teachers talk to their student without mouth filtering. They really say what they want to say.

As I notice in TV dramas, movie, etc, a teacher (especially main actress) is like an angel, really care about their student, soft spoken, and (of course) beautiful.
sekadar hiasan
 But the way I heard here, teachers (not all of them) always yell, make an inappropriate comparison with their students, say harsh words and many more.

I mean, come on… what do you expect from 12 years old (and younger) kids? I know sometime kids during that age are really getting to my nerve but I really don’t expect that from an adult with qualification to teach kids.
 Back to the time I studied here also, these kinds of creatures (not the same person) already exist. Some teachers even unfairly treat us according to our parent’s social status. And for a poor family living next to school; I am, with no doubt had received among the worse treatment. But of course there are only a few of them.

Some of them just randomly say things, some of them picking up certain student to bully and some of them actually a very good educator. And there are some of them can balance it. They cruel at some times, but still pupils still love them because they know how to win a pupil’s heart (come on…it is not that hard).

I still remember certain teachers who love to make my day miserable back then.

The first one is a single female teacher with a filthy mouth. Almost every time she came to my class, she always came up with a topic to insult or mock me. I hardly remember a sweet thing she manages to say to me. Hardly… but I think she had. And she retires with a single status remain.

In standard three, I have a male teacher with a very bad temper. If you didn’t do your homework, pelempang was a sure result. But he manages to somehow win our hearts. May be it is because we were so naïve back then. By the way, he involved in a car accident one day. He survived.

There are another male teacher who love to pelempang his pupil (boys only). And of course at that time we boys feel so unfair because he only hit boys. When gets older, I learn that hitting a girl is dayus. But hitting boys is okay I guess… if you pick someone with your own size DICKless!!! By the time I left the school he already married 3 years and childless.
 Move on…

The fourth one is also a He. I remember one day accidently tore a chalkboard eraser (the one made with cloth winding) while playing with my friend. I checked the price for one of those, and it was 80 cents back then. And for a 80 cents worth of mistake, I have been insulted for the rest of that year.

something like this but more oval-looking

For the record, I did pay 50 cents to him with extra money from my school t-shirt purchased. But the insults continue… then one day my classmate (a girl) accidently broke a chair and he forgave her right away. Aaaaaa… isn’t he is a forgiving person? Forgiving my ass!!

And that brought us to the last but not least, my kindergarten teacher. She is a loving person, but she grades her student by our parent’s social status.

I remember getting a pair of tupperware, a scroll and a plate (some kind of trophy I think) while my other friends (with higher social standard’s parent of course) got a hamper each with remote control car, Barbie doll and many more toys.
 I don’t want to brag about it, but during my primary school I always got higher grade than most of those nobel prizes winners.

But of course not all of them are bad. There are many of them who actually really gave credit to me based on my education level. Some of them are bad tempered too.

Kids at primary school level are still naïve. You hit them, a second later you can cheer them up with your cold joke and they still love you in the end of the day. You can be strict, but there is a way to do so. You are allowed to punish them in order to give them a lesson, but don’t hit them at their face.

Even though you are a teacher and kids are supposed to respect you, don’t expect that before you learn how to respect them first.
I used to watch a movie about a chef (Catherine zeta jones) who had to take care of her dead sister’s daughter, brought her niece to her workplace (because her niece doesn’t want to stay alone at home). Her niece’s teacher caught her (the niece) sleep in her class and find out that she stay late at night because she followed her aunt to the restaurant.

The principle take an immediate action by calling her aunt and give her (the aunt) a warning if she ever brought her niece to workplace again, she (the principle) will call the child service and claim the aunt guilty for illegal child labor.

Did you see the different? Regardless the aunt is a head chef of a famous restaurant in town, the principle still make her pupil’s needs as a priority. Even though in order to do so, she needs to ‘black mail’ the aunt.

p/s: Allah loves kids as they have no sins (not like us). So whoever hurts a kid, believe me, they’ll be hurt later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment